As the weather begins to cool, it’s the perfect time for homeowners throughout the South to think about painting their homes. The lower humidity and cooler temperatures can make for more comfortable painting conditions outside and help ensure the paint dries properly. If you’re looking for inspiration to get started on a painting project at your home, here are some of the latest painting trends for Fall 2022.
A Focus on Natural Color Palettes
Colors that can bring a sense of nature and the great outdoors inside the home are a popular choice this fall, especially darker greens and lighter blues:
- Deep greens – A deep, dark green can make a stunning accent wall, reminiscent of an enchanted forest. As the weather cools, painting trends shift from the bright, crisp colors of summer to deeper, darker tones like forest green that exude elegance and sophistication.
- Soft blues – Another popular color choice inspired by nature are soft blues. From cheerier sky blues to moodier gray-blues, soft blue tones can have a calming and relaxing effect on the room.
Colors That Create a Warm & Cozy Space
As the weather cools, we also see trends toward colors that exude warmth and coziness, creating a comfortable space to settle into as we plan to spend more time indoors. Warm tones are exceptional at creating this effect, and there are plenty of colors within this range to choose from:
- Warm grays – Gray is a highly versatile and far-ranging group of colors that can achieve just about any effect. This fall, grays with a warmer undertone are in, as they balance a clean, sophisticated aesthetic with a sense of warmth and comfort.
- Light beiges and taupe – A popular range of neutrals, light beiges and taupe offer even more warmth than gray, adding more yellow and brown undertones to the mix. These neutrals are a great option for the entire home and can be highly complementary for bolder accent walls as well.
- Dusty rose – Going even warmer than beige, pink offers a fresh take on cozy appeal. While beiges and taupe tend to be perennial favorites, a dusty rose is a newer option that’s popular this fall, balancing its warmth with a dusty undertone that’s just perfect for the cooler months.
Exterior Painting Trends
While a lot of these seasonal trends focus on the interior of the home, a lot of the same principles apply to exterior home painting trends as well. Warm tones and earth tones reign supreme as the most popular shades for exterior painting projects, with a focus on muted tones that offer a classy and sophisticated aesthetic.
Professional Painting Services
When planning an interior or exterior painting project this fall, it’s best to turn to the professionals. At Southern Painting, we have an extensive team of house painters who can help transform your vision into reality. Our experienced professionals are also up to date on the latest home painting trends and can help you find the options that will offer lasting appeal for your home. To learn more about our painting services or the latest home painting trends, contact Southern Painting today.