Though selecting the color of your interior paint may seem like the hardest decision, don’t forget to also select the style of paint. Depending on your needs, level of shine and durability necessities, there are different types of paint.
1. Flat: This is a latex- based paint that is normally used for walls and ceilings. It can be applied with a brush, roller or sprayer.
2. Egg shell: This is more durable than flat paint due to its slight sheen. This also makes it easier to clean and it can be applied in the same manner as flat paint.
3. Gloss: This is a shiny paint that is great for trim or other woodworking elements in your home. It should be applied using a brush.
4. Enamel: Oil based paint. It is very durable and available in gloss finishes. It can, however, discolor over time.
5. Latex: Water based paint. It can be applied easily and does not yellow, but is also not as durable.