How Long Should an Exterior House Painting Job Last?
As a rule of thumb, many painting professionals suggest repainting your home’s exterior every five to 10 years. However, there are many factors that can affect how long exterior paint will protect your home and maintain an attractive appearance. Some of these are:
- the climate where you live;
- the quality of the exterior paint and other materials selected for the job;
- the quality of the workmanship, including whether prep work was completed properly; and
- the type of surface to which paint is applied (i.e., wood, stucco, brick, fiber cement, etc.).
The key to getting the best value for your exterior house painting investment is to choose the right painting company. Although they can’t change the climate, highly experienced painting professionals can provide you with invaluable advice about the paint products that will deliver the longest-lasting performance in the face of your local weather conditions and on your home’s specific exterior surfaces. You’ll also want to look for painting professionals who have demonstrated a high level of skill and dedication to meticulous workmanship.
Look for the Southern Painting Bucket!
If you live in the Southern United States and have an exterior house painting project on tap, you won’t find better partners for your project than the professionals at Southern Painting. A local painting company that displays our logo has demonstrated a commitment to excellence in both workmanship and customer service. Our painting companies also stand out from competitors because we:
- provide detailed, written estimates based on a thorough examination of the project site and the prep work that’s needed to ensure beautiful and long-lasting results;
- use only high-quality paints from leading manufacturers, such as Benjamin Moore®, Sherwin-Williams®, and PPG Pittsburgh Paints®; and
- offer a 3-Year Limited Labor Warranty to provide you with peace of mind that your investment is well-protected.
For more information about our exterior house painting services, contact Southern Painting today.