Burgundy, black, navy, and plum are all beautiful shades, but in a room, can be a bit too dark and overwhelming. However, there are a few ways to make these colors work in your space and bring a level of sophistication and mystery to the ambiance.
1. Balance with light colors and whimsical fabrics: White, airy linens can dramatically change to feel of a space. They will help to break up the harshness of the dark colors and add a little balance to the moodiness of the room.
2. Have a large mirror to add light: Mirrors reflect natural light and make a space feel larger, so this trick will help your space from feeling too small.
3. Utilize natural woods: If you’re more of the Joanna Gaines type, natural woods, especially in paler tones, will help make dark colors feel airier.
4. Accessorize with metallic décor: If you are the opposite of the person above, golds and silvers will also make the space feel lighter, but retain the moodiness a dark color brings to the space. This will make the room feel more regal.
5. Try an accent wall: As always, an accent wall can add the pop you desire, without the downsides a dark paint color can bring to a space.